Thanks for your interest. Please let us know if you write something helpful for users; we'd love to link to it.
Aidan, the founder and CEO of Reincubate, is available for quotes, interviews and podcasts. Previous interviews covered topics including trust and privacy (video), and entrepreneurship and the company's origins (video).
Reincubate is an indie British software company, focused on helping users get more from their Apple devices and data.
- Founded: 2008, London, England, by Aidan Fitzpatrick, Andrew Dancy (see founding story)
- Company values, ethics & beliefs & position on privacy and data
- Press contact for licenses, info: firstname.lastname@example.org, @reincubate
- Notable citations: the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, twice (Britain's highest business honour)
Camo helps you get incredible video from your existing webcam, camera or phone, with powerful, easy-to-use software.
- Product info and download: reincubate.com/camo
- Platforms: macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, and Android
- First release July 16th 2020 (public), May 22nd 2020 (beta)
- Price: $49.99, £39.98, €39.99 (plus EU VAT) for a 12 month license (limited free edition available), monthly license at $8.99 and lifetime license at $99.99
- Camo launch announcement (earlier beta announcement )
- Camo 2 launch announcement
- Camo Studio for iPad launch announcement
- Latest release notes and release announcements
What’s special about Camo?
- Camo Studio is an app that runs on your Mac or PC, that lets your webcam or phone cameras produce remarkable video
- Camo Studio is also available on iPad, turning your tablet into a streaming & recording powerhouse
- Camo is used for meeting, presenting, streaming and recording
- Camo works with your phone (iPhone or Android) or any camera connected to your computer, and gives you an incredible level of control over the video images produced by those cameras.
- Camo is easy to make the most of and compatible with the software you already use, such as Zoom, OBS or Discord.
- Camo gives you powerful effects including portrait mode, spotlight, privacy blur, auto framing, green screen and filters.
- Camo is suitable for non-technical users, doesn’t include intrusive ads, and offers an extensive set of features for creating amazing experiences and high quality video.
- Camo is available in paid and perpetually free editions.
Extract, transfer and recover messages, photos, contacts, location data, and more. Recover deleted content from iPhone backups and iCloud. Remove lost Screen Time passcodes.
- Product info and download: reincubate.com/iphone-backup-extractor
- Platforms: macOS, Windows
- First release September 8th, 2008
- Price $39.95 (limited free edition available)
What's special about iPhone Backup Extractor?
- iPhone Backup Extractor was the world’s first consumer tool for accessing iPhone data, and the first to introduce encryption support, iCloud access, and an API.
- In a world with increasing concern around tech companies collecting and selling personal data, iPhone Backup Extractor empowers individuals to access data held on them by tech companies.
- iPhone Backup Extractor has been used in a number of studies, including this one from Columbia Journalism Review and nearly 30 academic papers.
Camo Studio on macOS interface
Camo Studio on Windows interface
Camo Studio for iPad interface
Download a full archive of interface images here.
Camo on iOS interface
Camo on Android interface
Image quality comparisons
Camo’s goal is to bring great video to everyone whether they're using their modern smartphone, a built-in webcam, or a full-fledged DSLR camera. Check out the release blog for Camo 2 for examples of what Camo can do relative.
Using Camo with a mounted phone
For information and images related to mounting your phone for use as a webcam, check out our guide on the topic.