- Fix Fixed issue that duplicated voicemails many times.
- Fix Fixed issues associated with sorting tree-views.
- Fix Fixed WeChat icon not available in previews.
- Improvement Added option of saving install log upon encountering problems.
- Improvement Improved CPU usage while downloading.
- Improvement Improved video extraction.
- Fix Fixed WeChat repeated images extraction.
- Fix Fixed Notes dates for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed failed iCloud download for SMS data.
- Fix Fixed Session Expired issue.
- Fix For Windows XP crash when connecting to iCloud.
- Fix Corrected a Mac OS X Lion issue with iPhone Backup Extractor not working.
Windows macOS · 1 feature 2 improvements 3 fixes
Today we're releasing our new functionality to preview messages and images in iPhone Backup Extractor without having to extract them first.
- Feature We're releasing preview functionality in full for all users today.
- Improvement We've improved the screen that is shown when nothing is selected.
- Improvement We've vastly improved recovery of note data.
- Fix Fix for extracting calendar on iOS 9.2.
- Fix Extraction of contacts on pre-iOS 6 backups and appointments on pre-iOS 4 backups had gone awry: now we've fixed it.
- Fix The macOS build was crashing when contacts were extracted in some cases. We've resolved this. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Fix "Select all" / "select none" weren't working properly on the Windows build for image previews.
- Fix SMS previews on Windows weren't always selecting properly when clicked.
- Fix We resolved an edge-case issue affecting parental restrictions passcode recovery.
- Fix The overview count for extractable contacts was wrong; now it's right.
- Fix Fixed some user interface weirdness where things would be slightly in the wrong place in the app.
This release does not have our beta previews functionality in it: it's an update for users who aren't in the beta.
- Fix We've resolved a handful of iCloud issues
- Fix Assorted improvements to backup access.
- Fix We've included a change which we believe we address installer issues reported by some Windows users.
- Feature Location data is now also pulled from SMS, Photos, Whatsapp, Viber and WeChat messages, and we've added a big "Locations" button to the overview pane of iPhone Backup Extractor. We've added a source field in extracted CSV/KML to indicate where each piece of location data came from: messages, photos, etc.
- Fix It would be a new release of iPhone Backup Extractor without another improvement and set of fixes to how we manage iCloud downloads. So we sprinkled some in this release.
- Fix Fixed inaccurate deleted note, photo and video count for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed an issue where iOS 9 notes weren't recovered when synced to an iCloud account using the legacy format. Gnarly!
- Improvement We've tweaked some of the license screen changes that we've been testing.
- Fix We've been shipping improvements to our iCloud code every release for the last couple of weeks. Here's another set of improvements. iCloud's a complex beast.
- Improvement We now show the iPhone 6S's details accurately.
- Fix We're releasing a further fix for large iCloud backup downloads. It'll be faster and more robust now.
- Fix We've swatted a handful of typos in the app.
This is a Windows-only release, where we're starting to demonstrate our third new feature of the month: preview of messages and images inside the app.
We're only shipping this feature to 20% of our users whilst we test it. If you don't seem to have the functionality, don't worry: it'll be coming your way in the new few weeks.
- Feature Previews mode for messages and images. Rather than exporting your messages before you view them, why not check them out first?
- Improvement We've improved how we show progress with iCloud functionality, and resolved a few issues caused by how we used to do it.
- Fix We've resolved a collection of issues around iCloud access.
- Fix We've restored the date that was missing when showing device backups.
3 days ago we shipped our latest big iPhone Backup Extractor feature: support for iCloud Photo Stream download, and today we're shipping the first release of iPhone Backup Extractor 6. This has another massive step forward and industry first: support for iOS 9 iCloud backups, which use a radically new format named CloudKit. We've written more about this release here.
- Feature Support for iOS 9 iCloud backups. Woohoo! 😀
- Improvement Today's release includes a general roundup of fixes and improvements to iCloud support, and to management of preferences around iCloud accounts.
We're really excited to be shipping another first in today's release of iPhone Backup Extractor: support for iCloud Photo Stream. We hope you enjoy it -- it's free to all existing licensees with iCloud access.
As befits a big new feature like this, it marks the end of our
5.x releases, and we'll ship iPhone Backup Extractor 6 shortly after this. See you there!
- Feature Support for downloading all of your iCloud Photo Stream content.
- Fix We've handled a few crashes in the app.
- Fix When an iCloud account is removed, the app is now better at showing when nothing is selected.
- Improvement We've made more changes to the licensing windows on macOS.
- Fix We've resolved a broken with the update window: it was broken previously.
- Fix We've corrected a typo under the Utilities menu on macOS.