- Improvement Improved speed for Contacts, SMS, and WhatsApp extractions and previews loading.
- Improvement Improved design and clarity for subscription options.
- Fix Date of the messages and preview set to local time.
We're thrilled to be releasing iPhone Backup Extractor 7. This represents the culmination of much hard work. After our preparation and careful research we've been able to release support for iOS 10, both for local and for iCloud backups, fewer than 24 hours of the Apple's first developer previews shipping. We celebrate this launch with a short post on our blog.
- Feature Added iOS 10 support for local and iCloud backup access.
- Improvement Improved support for upgrades.
- Improvement Improved Notes extraction.
- Improvement Improved Restrictions PIN recovery.
- Improvement Improved WhatsApp extraction in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixes for encrypted backups modifications.
- Fix Fixed Snapchat recovery from iCloud.
Today's release is a behind-the-scenes change in how we run the app.
- Improvement We've switched to .NET 4 distribution libraries. Shouldn't mean too much to users, but it means a lot to us! .NET is one of the technologies we use in iPhone Backup Extractor, and it's handy to work with an updated version.
Windows macOS · 1 features 2 improvements 1 fixes
- Improvement Improved visibility of download button for Windows users.
- Improvement Improved SMS counter for deleted messages in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixed deleted messages issue in Preview mode.
- Feature Added 2FA support.
Today's release of iPhone Backup Extractor includes a big roundup of changes. Let's take a look at them:
- Improvement We've refreshed a few graphics in the app, including the Windows installer icon, and the iCloud and parental restrictions passcode icons.
- Improvement Extracted vCards are now downloaded to their own subdirectory.
- Improvement Made counting of WhatsApp messages more accurate, and those counts are now shared between overview and extract screens.
- Fix We've improved HTML extraction of notes with non-Latin characters, as we now use UTF-8.
- Fix Looking at previews of Hike messages will no longer cause a crash, and CSV exports of Hike messages no longer have the status as "unknown".
- Fix Clicking "License" on Mac for Business and Family accounts will no longer cause the application to crash.
- Fix Improved compatibility with Windows systems running AVG.
- Fix We gracefully handle failure to download Viber attachments.
- Fix We've fixed a crash when opening certain WeChat backups.
Windows macOS · 1 features 6 improvements 4 fixes
- Feature Added support for Hike messenger.
- Improvement Added support for new Line version.
- Improvement Added support for new Viber version.
- Improvement Added deleted field to CSV when extracting messages.
- Improvement Ipproved icon scaling on high-DPI screens.
- Improvement Changed Photo Stream download button location.
- Improvement Added iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air 2 device icons.
- Fix Fixed an issue with album extraction of photos and videos.
- Fix Fixed an issue making Viber preview images show black.
- Fix Fixed counter of WhatsApp messages.
- Fix Mac Password Panel for encrypted backups moved out of the overview tab.
Windows macOS · 1 features 3 improvements 3 fixes
We've got a good collection of changes in today's release.
- Feature We've added support for the new format of Kik database that has been released.
- Improvement We've updated Reincubate's logo, and updated the app to reflect that.
- Improvement iPhone Backup Extractor wasn't always looking its best when used on Windows PCs with high-DPI screens. Now it is.
- Improvement We've made the edition text in the title bar of the main app much clearer.
- Fix Voicemail date / number is now always correct in the CSV file.
- Fix We've blasted a
FormatExceptionwhile extracting contacts.
- Fix We've fixed an assortment of edge-cases with Kik and Viber data extraction.