Today we’re releasing Camo 2. Camo 2 takes all the magic of Camo, improves on it, and brings it to any webcam, built-in camera, connected pro camera or action camera to give them next-gen capabilities. These include beautiful bokeh "portrait" mode, spotlight, natural privacy blur, background replacement, auto-framing face tracking, and cinematic "LUT" filters. Camo 2 also brings support for 4K webcams and dedicated cameras. You can read more about this update on our blog.
If you run into any problems, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We'd love to help and hear from you.
- Feature Camo Studio now works with all cameras! You can now use Camo Studio with any camera you can connect to your Mac, including built-in cameras, webcams, DSLRs or mirrorless cameras, action cams, and iPhones connected with Continuity Camera.
- Feature Portrait mode has been overhauled on iOS and is also now available for all cameras. It can also now be used in combination with AR modes.
- Feature Spotlight mode ensures you stand out in your shot, brightening you up against the background.
- Feature Privacy blur lets you hide what’s in shot behind you, removing the need for jarring video-conferencing background removal.
- Feature Replace mode enables you to substitute your background scene with a replacement backdrop or a virtual greenscreen.
- Feature Dynamic face tracking with auto framing, with and without zoom. This is powered by a new physics engine, bringing face tracking which is smooth and cinematic, without the jerkiness or dizzying movements that other face tracking solutions introduce.
- Feature We've added native LUT support to Camo. These are cinematic filters which enable film-like treatments to your video. We've included a pack of 18 thoughtfully created presets.
- Feature To ensure it’s always providing perfectly smooth video Camo Studio now detects any situations where your camera fails to deliver at the requested frame rate, and will show a warning with suggestions on how to fix things.
- Feature We've added a beautiful new vignette overlay to the pack of built in overlays.
- Feature Centre stage controls, Camo Studio can now be used to toggle Centre Stage on the Studio Display, iPhones using Continuity Camera, and supported iPads.
- Improvement We've overhauled our macOS Shortcuts support, making it easier to control Camo Studio with Shortcuts and also added Shortcut controls for overlays as well as for all the new features in this release.
- Improvement We've re-worked our menu bar icon, to make it easier to tell if Camo's video is being used or if there is anything which needs your attention.
- Improvement We've made significant improvements to Camo's performance when using overlays on iPhone.