Hot on the heels of last week's usability updates to iPhone Backup Extractor, we're releasing an update that substantially sharpens up the images in the macOS version. Oh, and it resolves a few niggling issues, too. We hope you enjoy it.
- Improvement Many of the graphics in the macOS version have been made much sharper. Woohoo!
- Improvement Graphics used in the previewers for unreadable files have been overhauled and look much nicer.
- Improvement The Mac version of iPhone Backup Extractor now has lovely crisp icons in "Expert mode", just like it does on Windows.
- Improvement We've updated a number of internal components behind the scenes. Nothing to see here, please move along.
- Fix We've sorted out a crash that could happen on macOS Catalina when run as a non-admin user.
- Fix We've solved an issue where group messages could be missing from previews. This was triggered by the presence of genuinely empty group conversations elsewhere in the backup. Which is a pretty odd thing, to be fair. 🤷♂️
- Fix iPhone Backup Extractor could crash in an odd way if it was unable to report some analytical data. Sorry about that. No reason why you can't run it entirely offline. You do you!