We hope you're keeping safe and well in these strange times. It's been a few weeks since we last shipped an update. That's not because we're not on the case, but rather because we're working on a few bigger-than-usual things. However, today we're releasing a roundup of enhancements for iPhone Backup Extractor. Watch this space.
- Improvement Backups for some devices are now faster to create.
- Improvement PDF text is now searchable and copy-pastable.
- Improvement The "Extract" button in the messages previewer now extracts all messages if no conversations are selected.
- Improvement We've prettied up the loading indicators for macOS users on older systems.
- Improvement Current iPhone or iPad battery percentage is now available through
rictl device info.
- Improvement Loading of previewed messages on macOS is now faster and less jittery, and sorting of WhatsApp messages is better. We've also tweaked consistency of our capitalisation and fixed a typo in the UI. Just as we giveth, we also taketh away: message bubbles now sometimes have square bottoms. We're going to squash that shortly.
- Fix Fixed an issue where some message attachment images would be missing from PDFs if there was an error loading their orientation.
- Fix Fixed password entry box losing focus (so you had to click on it again) when the provided password was incorrect.
- Fix Message extraction from Viber could crash on some unusual sets of data. Now fixed!
- Fix If you selected a previewer whilst data was still being loaded, it might end up deselected itself. No longer!
- Fix We've fixed orientation problems in the macOS photo previewer.