- Improvement Improved support for upgrades.
- Improvement Improved Notes extraction.
- Improvement Improved Restrictions PIN recovery.
- Improvement Improved WhatsApp extraction in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixes for encrypted backups modifications.
- Fix Fixed Snapchat recovery from iCloud.
Today's release is a behind-the-scenes change in how we run the app.
- Improvement We've switched to .NET 4 distribution libraries. Shouldn't mean too much to users, but it means a lot to us! .NET is one of the technologies we use in iPhone Backup Extractor, and it's handy to work with an updated version.
Today's release of iPhone Backup Extractor includes a big roundup of changes. Let's take a look at them:
- Improvement We've refreshed a few graphics in the app, including the Windows installer icon, and the iCloud and parental restrictions passcode icons.
- Improvement Extracted vCards are now downloaded to their own subdirectory.
- Improvement Made counting of WhatsApp messages more accurate, and those counts are now shared between overview and extract screens.
- Fix We've improved HTML extraction of notes with non-Latin characters, as we now use UTF-8.
- Fix Looking at previews of Hike messages will no longer cause a crash, and CSV exports of Hike messages no longer have the status as "unknown".
- Fix Clicking "License" on Mac for Business and Family accounts will no longer cause the application to crash.
- Fix Improved compatibility with Windows systems running AVG.
- Fix We gracefully handle failure to download Viber attachments.
- Fix We've fixed a crash when opening certain WeChat backups.
- Feature Added support for Hike messenger.
- Improvement Added support for new Line version.
- Improvement Added support for new Viber version.
- Improvement Added deleted field to CSV when extracting messages.
- Improvement Ipproved icon scaling on high-DPI screens.
- Improvement Changed Photo Stream download button location.
- Improvement Added iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air 2 device icons.
- Fix Fixed an issue with album extraction of photos and videos.
- Fix Fixed an issue making Viber preview images show black.
- Fix Fixed counter of WhatsApp messages.
- Fix Mac Password Panel for encrypted backups moved out of the overview tab.
We've got a good collection of changes in today's release.
- Feature We've added support for the new format of Kik database that has been released.
- Improvement We've updated Reincubate's logo, and updated the app to reflect that.
- Improvement iPhone Backup Extractor wasn't always looking its best when used on Windows PCs with high-DPI screens. Now it is.
- Improvement We've made the edition text in the title bar of the main app much clearer.
- Fix Voicemail date / number is now always correct in the CSV file.
- Fix We've blasted a
FormatExceptionwhile extracting contacts.
- Fix We've fixed an assortment of edge-cases with Kik and Viber data extraction.
- Improvement Improved CPU usage while downloading.
- Improvement Improved video extraction.
- Fix Fixed WeChat repeated images extraction.
- Fix Fixed Notes dates for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed failed iCloud download for SMS data.
- Fix Fixed Session Expired issue.
- Fix For Windows XP crash when connecting to iCloud.
- Fix Corrected a Mac OS X Lion issue with iPhone Backup Extractor not working.
Today we're releasing our new functionality to preview messages and images in iPhone Backup Extractor without having to extract them first.
- Feature We're releasing preview functionality in full for all users today.
- Improvement We've improved the screen that is shown when nothing is selected.
- Improvement We've vastly improved recovery of note data.
- Fix Fix for extracting calendar on iOS 9.2.
- Fix Extraction of contacts on pre-iOS 6 backups and appointments on pre-iOS 4 backups had gone awry: now we've fixed it.
- Fix The macOS build was crashing when contacts were extracted in some cases. We've resolved this. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Fix "Select all" / "select none" weren't working properly on the Windows build for image previews.
- Fix SMS previews on Windows weren't always selecting properly when clicked.
- Fix We resolved an edge-case issue affecting parental restrictions passcode recovery.
- Fix The overview count for extractable contacts was wrong; now it's right.
- Fix Fixed some user interface weirdness where things would be slightly in the wrong place in the app.
This release does not have our beta previews functionality in it: it's an update for users who aren't in the beta.
- Fix We've resolved a handful of iCloud issues
- Fix Assorted improvements to backup access.
- Fix We've included a change which we believe we address installer issues reported by some Windows users.
- Feature Location data is now also pulled from SMS, Photos, Whatsapp, Viber and WeChat messages, and we've added a big "Locations" button to the overview pane of iPhone Backup Extractor. We've added a source field in extracted CSV/KML to indicate where each piece of location data came from: messages, photos, etc.
- Fix It would be a new release of iPhone Backup Extractor without another improvement and set of fixes to how we manage iCloud downloads. So we sprinkled some in this release.
- Fix Fixed inaccurate deleted note, photo and video count for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed an issue where iOS 9 notes weren't recovered when synced to an iCloud account using the legacy format. Gnarly!
- Improvement We've tweaked some of the license screen changes that we've been testing.
- Fix We've been shipping improvements to our iCloud code every release for the last couple of weeks. Here's another set of improvements. iCloud's a complex beast.
This is a Windows-only release, where we're starting to demonstrate our third new feature of the month: preview of messages and images inside the app.
We're only shipping this feature to 20% of our users whilst we test it. If you don't seem to have the functionality, don't worry: it'll be coming your way in the new few weeks.
- Feature Previews mode for messages and images. Rather than exporting your messages before you view them, why not check them out first?
- Improvement We've improved how we show progress with iCloud functionality, and resolved a few issues caused by how we used to do it.
- Fix We've resolved a collection of issues around iCloud access.
- Fix We've restored the date that was missing when showing device backups.
3 days ago we shipped our latest big iPhone Backup Extractor feature: support for iCloud Photo Stream download, and today we're shipping the first release of iPhone Backup Extractor 6. This has another massive step forward and industry first: support for iOS 9 iCloud backups, which use a radically new format named CloudKit. We've written more about this release here.
- Feature Support for iOS 9 iCloud backups. Woohoo! 😀
- Improvement Today's release includes a general roundup of fixes and improvements to iCloud support, and to management of preferences around iCloud accounts.