- Improvement Improved support for upgrades.
- Improvement Improved Notes extraction.
- Improvement Improved Restrictions PIN recovery.
- Improvement Improved WhatsApp extraction in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixes for encrypted backups modifications.
- Fix Fixed Snapchat recovery from iCloud.
Today's release is a behind-the-scenes change in how we run the app.
- Improvement We've switched to .NET 4 distribution libraries. Shouldn't mean too much to users, but it means a lot to us! .NET is one of the technologies we use in iPhone Backup Extractor, and it's handy to work with an updated version.
- Improvement Improved visibility of download button for Windows users.
- Improvement Improved SMS counter for deleted messages in Preview mode.
- Fix Fixed deleted messages issue in Preview mode.
- Feature Added 2FA support.
Today's release of iPhone Backup Extractor includes a big roundup of changes. Let's take a look at them:
- Improvement We've refreshed a few graphics in the app, including the Windows installer icon, and the iCloud and parental restrictions passcode icons.
- Improvement Extracted vCards are now downloaded to their own subdirectory.
- Improvement Made counting of WhatsApp messages more accurate, and those counts are now shared between overview and extract screens.
- Fix We've improved HTML extraction of notes with non-Latin characters, as we now use UTF-8.
- Fix Looking at previews of Hike messages will no longer cause a crash, and CSV exports of Hike messages no longer have the status as "unknown".
- Fix Clicking "License" on Mac for Business and Family accounts will no longer cause the application to crash.
- Fix Improved compatibility with Windows systems running AVG.
- Fix We gracefully handle failure to download Viber attachments.
- Fix We've fixed a crash when opening certain WeChat backups.
- Feature Added support for Hike messenger.
- Improvement Added support for new Line version.
- Improvement Added support for new Viber version.
- Improvement Added deleted field to CSV when extracting messages.
- Improvement Ipproved icon scaling on high-DPI screens.
- Improvement Changed Photo Stream download button location.
- Improvement Added iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air 2 device icons.
- Fix Fixed an issue with album extraction of photos and videos.
- Fix Fixed an issue making Viber preview images show black.
- Fix Fixed counter of WhatsApp messages.
- Fix Mac Password Panel for encrypted backups moved out of the overview tab.
We've got a good collection of changes in today's release.
- Feature We've added support for the new format of Kik database that has been released.
- Improvement We've updated Reincubate's logo, and updated the app to reflect that.
- Improvement iPhone Backup Extractor wasn't always looking its best when used on Windows PCs with high-DPI screens. Now it is.
- Improvement We've made the edition text in the title bar of the main app much clearer.
- Fix Voicemail date / number is now always correct in the CSV file.
- Fix We've blasted a
FormatExceptionwhile extracting contacts.
- Fix We've fixed an assortment of edge-cases with Kik and Viber data extraction.
- Fix Fixed issue that duplicated voicemails many times.
- Fix Fixed issues associated with sorting tree-views.
- Fix Fixed WeChat icon not available in previews.
- Improvement Added option of saving install log upon encountering problems.
- Improvement Improved CPU usage while downloading.
- Improvement Improved video extraction.
- Fix Fixed WeChat repeated images extraction.
- Fix Fixed Notes dates for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed failed iCloud download for SMS data.
- Fix Fixed Session Expired issue.
- Fix For Windows XP crash when connecting to iCloud.
- Fix Corrected a Mac OS X Lion issue with iPhone Backup Extractor not working.
Today we're releasing our new functionality to preview messages and images in iPhone Backup Extractor without having to extract them first.
- Feature We're releasing preview functionality in full for all users today.
- Improvement We've improved the screen that is shown when nothing is selected.
- Improvement We've vastly improved recovery of note data.
- Fix Fix for extracting calendar on iOS 9.2.
- Fix Extraction of contacts on pre-iOS 6 backups and appointments on pre-iOS 4 backups had gone awry: now we've fixed it.
- Fix The macOS build was crashing when contacts were extracted in some cases. We've resolved this. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Fix "Select all" / "select none" weren't working properly on the Windows build for image previews.
- Fix SMS previews on Windows weren't always selecting properly when clicked.
- Fix We resolved an edge-case issue affecting parental restrictions passcode recovery.
- Fix The overview count for extractable contacts was wrong; now it's right.
- Fix Fixed some user interface weirdness where things would be slightly in the wrong place in the app.
This release does not have our beta previews functionality in it: it's an update for users who aren't in the beta.
- Fix We've resolved a handful of iCloud issues
- Fix Assorted improvements to backup access.
- Fix We've included a change which we believe we address installer issues reported by some Windows users.
- Feature Location data is now also pulled from SMS, Photos, Whatsapp, Viber and WeChat messages, and we've added a big "Locations" button to the overview pane of iPhone Backup Extractor. We've added a source field in extracted CSV/KML to indicate where each piece of location data came from: messages, photos, etc.
- Fix It would be a new release of iPhone Backup Extractor without another improvement and set of fixes to how we manage iCloud downloads. So we sprinkled some in this release.
- Fix Fixed inaccurate deleted note, photo and video count for iOS 9.
- Fix Fixed an issue where iOS 9 notes weren't recovered when synced to an iCloud account using the legacy format. Gnarly!
- Improvement We've tweaked some of the license screen changes that we've been testing.
- Fix We've been shipping improvements to our iCloud code every release for the last couple of weeks. Here's another set of improvements. iCloud's a complex beast.
This is a Windows-only release, where we're starting to demonstrate our third new feature of the month: preview of messages and images inside the app.
We're only shipping this feature to 20% of our users whilst we test it. If you don't seem to have the functionality, don't worry: it'll be coming your way in the new few weeks.
- Feature Previews mode for messages and images. Rather than exporting your messages before you view them, why not check them out first?
- Improvement We've improved how we show progress with iCloud functionality, and resolved a few issues caused by how we used to do it.
- Fix We've resolved a collection of issues around iCloud access.
- Fix We've restored the date that was missing when showing device backups.
3 days ago we shipped our latest big iPhone Backup Extractor feature: support for iCloud Photo Stream download, and today we're shipping the first release of iPhone Backup Extractor 6. This has another massive step forward and industry first: support for iOS 9 iCloud backups, which use a radically new format named CloudKit. We've written more about this release here.
- Feature Support for iOS 9 iCloud backups. Woohoo! 😀
- Improvement Today's release includes a general roundup of fixes and improvements to iCloud support, and to management of preferences around iCloud accounts.