Do you need to open an IPA file and Windows told you that it couldn't open it? There's a way: DMG Extractor can now open any file with an
.IPA extension, any zip file, and any DMG file.
- Feature Support for IPA and zip files
- Improvement Improved stability
- Fix Assorted bug fixes
- Feature New feedback option in the app
Today's release includes two minor changes:
- Fix There was a problem on the activation screen which made registration harder in some cases. We've now sorted that. Sorry!
- Fix After a lot of pain with our installer, we've totally reworked it. Should be A-OK for everyone now.
This is another fix release which includes some helpful patches.
- Fix We've resolved an issue extracting files from DMGs that have an
/in their filename.
- Fix There was a rather strange issue where you could click "Extract" even when no DMG was opened. We've sorted it.
- Fix We've solved an update problem in our installer for Windows XP users.
Are you having issues opening FAT DMG Mac images on your Windows PC? DMG disk images are usually formatted as FAT or exFAT format when used with shared media such as USB sticks, SD cards or DVDs. Our latest release of DMG Extractor supports MS-DOS (FAT) and exFAT formats. Hurrah!
- Feature Support for FAT-format DMGs
- Feature Support for exFAT-format DMGs
1.3 includes an important new feature, as well as a change to make registration easier.
- Feature We've added support for
UDF-formatted DMG files. Hurrah!
- Improvement We've added login support to our activation system, so you can log in to your account in-app to activate it. (We've already added this to BlackBerry Backup Extractor.)
- Fix We've fixed an edge-case block-splitting issue which could lead to problems reading some DMG files.
Today's release squashes two bugs that have been hanging around. Sorry, and you're welcome.
- Fix Fixing duplicate filename issues that was a problem on the Mavericks Developer preview 1 DMG.
- Fix Status was showing last extracted file -- not the one currently being extracted. All sorted now.
This is a minor maintenance release, improving on a few issues arising from
- Improvement Added "Don't show this again" checkbox for use with repeated errors.
- Fix Better evaluation messages on purchase path.
- Fix Show files better on encrypted or large DMGs.
Many users have written to ask for 4GB+ DMG file support, making make it possible for DMG Extractor to open OS X or macOS DMGs on their Windows PCs.
That support has arrived, as of today's release of version
184.108.40.206. DMG Extractor can now open
.dmg files larger than 4GB, and will also handle encrypted files (you'll need the password or a decryption key). We've also made changes to our interface and improved extraction process and speed. What's new?
- Feature Support for 4GB+ DMG files
- Feature Support for encrypted DMG files (enabling access to the iOS root filesystem with a decryption key)
- Feature Enabled 64-bit processor support for faster extraction
- Feature You can now view files while extracting them
- Improvement Improved software interface
- Improvement Extraction process can be "stopped" on user action
- Improvement Improved functionality on corrupt / erroring DMG files
DMG Extractor already works on all versions of Windows, but previously it needed .NET 3.5 to be installed. To make things easier for users still on Windows XP, we've made it backwards compatible with the .NET 2.0 framework, which is more likely to be present on Windows XP. Here's our short-list of all the changes:
- Feature You can now preview
JPGfiles inside your
- Feature DMG Extractor is backwards compatible with .NET 2.0
- Feature New, simpler installer process
- Improvement New icon design, in-line with Reincubate style
Our handy tool designed to extract the contents of DMG files on Windows PC is enjoying a new update today, and we've added some cool stuff:
- Feature Now shows the total size for directories inside the archive
- Improvement Improved browsing file list
- Improvement Improved view files function while extracting
- Improvement Speed improvements