BlackBerry Backup Extractor
2.0.1 improves calendar extraction, installation, and the appearance of the app. Let's take a look:
- Improvement We now support recurrence of events in iCal files.
- Fix We've resolved an annoying calendar timezone issue, as well as improved validation of iCal files
- Improvement We've overhauled our T&Cs to be easier to read and make sense of.
- Fix We've fixed a minor DPI issue affecting the activation button.
Today's release brings a series of minor fixes and improvements.
- Fix We've changed where we store registration details.
- Fix We've spotted and squashed a delay in the installer process.
- Fix We've replaced some of the build certificates we use.
Today's release of BlackBerry Backup Extractor includes a roundup of changes.
- Improvement We've released our updated registration system. Easier to use: and you can log in to the app now, saving you from messing about with activation keys.
- Improvement We've removed the background stripes from the main window. Less distracting, we hope!
- Fix We've fixed an issue where the
Otherdirectory was sometimes non-existent.
After some frustration with our installer, we've totally overhauled it.
- Feature Brand new, sparkly installer. It's much faster, has a new icon and a bunch of other changes. You'll only see it briefly, but trust us: it's much better.
- Improvement New icon for backup files.
BlackBerry Backup Extractor now has better contact, email and MMS extraction. We've added features that will make it easier to register and run BlackBerry Backup Extractor, fixed some problems with manifest files parsing, and improved extraction process for email, contacts and MMS.
- Feature Users can now drag and drop backup files to the app and open quickly
- Improvement Improved BlackBerry email and MMS file names on export
- Improvement Auto-retry for incorrect passwords on encrypted BlackBerry backups
- Improvement Application now gives clearer warnings about empty backups
- Improvement Added a "Copy" unique identifier button -- for faster registration
- Improvement Application now detects (but won't open) Blackberry 10 backups
- Fix Fixed an issue affecting item count for BlackBerry emails and contacts
- Fix Better extraction process for contacts written with Greek characters
It's big news for BlackBerry Backup Extractor today: we're launching a dedicated macOS version to make it easier than ever to use on Macs. Please let us know how you get on with it.
- Feature New OS X version of BlackBerry Backup Extractor.
- Improvement The password box (used with encrypted backups) it's now clearer.
- Improvement It's now possible to run several copies of BlackBerry Backup Extractor at the same time on the same machine.
- Fix We've fixed an edge-case where the app would crash when it couldn't open a backup.
- Fix We've simplified error messages when something goes wrong, and allowed the app to continue without having to close.
You've got a BlackBerry backup that misbehaves or doesn't restore, or need to extract important data from an old backup? We've made things easier with the latest version of BlackBerry Backup Extractor.
- Feature Never forget what your friends say: you can now extract BBM contacts along with BBM messages
- Improvement Shows output folder as a clickable link, making extraction easier than before
- Improvement Better support for corrupt backups
- Fix Fixed minor bugs related to registration and install
BlackBerry Backup Extractor can now preview the data in your BlackBerry backup, and has an improved extraction progress status. If you are using a Mac, we have also made installing and running the application easier than ever.
Users have been requesting the ability to preview a backup's contents. This proves useful if searching through many backup files. BlackBerry Backup Extractor now allows more freedom where data recovery is concerned, by giving the option to extract certain data categories or all data, much like we do with iPhone Backup Extractor.
- Feature Data categories for the Blackberry backup shown in the main window (contacts, calls, SMS messages, MMS, BBM messages, emails, calendar, tasks, memos, bookmarks, photos, videos, ringtones, app data and storage files)
- Feature Quick links are shown for extraction to individual databases: extract only your emails, contacts, photos or press "Extract all" to recover all your data at once
- Feature Extraction progress status message
- Feature BlackBerry Backup Extractor will detect if Mono is installed on your Mac and run with it automatically if it is found -- or help guide you through the process
Today's release includes improvements for updating users and tweaks the licensing system.
- Fix We now tidy up older versions better when upgrading. There will be many more updates to come!
- Fix Resolved a handful of registration issues.
We're celebrating April with a round-up of improvements in BlackBerry Backup Extractor, including a new look, better indication of progress, and a few other tweaks.
- Feature Brand new look and interface. What do you think of it?
- Improvement The progress bar now reflects progress during extraction more accurately.
- Improvement We've wired up our new management protocol into this build, making activation easier.
- Fix We've made a nasty edge-case "Zip exception" go away. Sorry about that, if you were affected.
BlackBerry Backup Extractor version 0.100 is our first update for 2013. We've enhanced our extraction of media files, extended our support for corrupt BlackBerry backup files, and fixed formatting issues that occurred when extracting contacts from some types of BlackBerry backups.
- Improvement Improved extraction of media files from
- Improvement Improvements when extracting from corrupt BlackBerry backups missing essential backup files
- Fix Fixes formatting issues and error (
FileStream will not open Win32 devices such as disk partitions and tape drives) that may appear when extracting contacts from certain BlackBerry backups
Today's release brings new enhancements to exporting contacts, and improved BBM support.
- Improvement Extended UTF-8 support for notes the calendar export files
- Improvement Contacts and address book entries include new field data for "Date of birth" and "Anniversary date" when exporting to CSV format
- Improvement Support for the updated BBM Conversation format from BDS 7.
Blackberry Backup Extractor now works with encrypted IPD and BBB backups -- rejoice! This supports encrypted backups from BDM 5, 6 and 7, which has only just been released.
- Feature Support for encrypted backups in
IPDformat, and in both
We fixed some bugs and made improvements to BlackBerry Backup Extractor in version
0.89. We hope you like it!
- Improvement ICS calendar file extraction now includes time zones data where available in backup
- Improvement Faster extraction!
- Fix Extracted CSV calendar containing very large text lengths handled more cleanly
- Fix Conversion of invalid characters from backup database to extracted file format, fixes some localised issues with some Outlook versions
Today's release adds support for the v2
BBB backup format introduced by BDS 7 and a number of other changes.
- Feature Supports new v2
BBBBlackBerry backup format, both on Mac and Windows
- Feature Extraction for MMS messages in HTML format including attachments
- Feature Extracts multimedia files (from phone memory only, not from memory card as this is not backed up in
- Improvement Improved extraction of the BlackBerry Messenger conversations and saved BBM backups
We've updated the site with the latest version of our IPD converter application. It supports different operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux) and also now comes with a one-click, easy-to-use Windows installer.
- Feature Drag and drop IPD files straight into the application
- Improvement New file handling features for very large IPD files
- Improvement New one-click, easy-to-use Windows installer
- Fix Provision for older Blackberry IPD files and BlackBerry model discrepancies