Today's release brings a series of minor fixes and improvements.
- Fix We've changed where we store registration details.
- Fix We've spotted and squashed a delay in the installer process.
- Fix We've replaced some of the build certificates we use.
Today's release of BlackBerry Backup Extractor includes a roundup of changes.
- Improvement We've released our updated registration system. Easier to use: and you can log in to the app now, saving you from messing about with activation keys.
- Improvement We've removed the background stripes from the main window. Less distracting, we hope!
- Fix We've fixed an issue where the
Otherdirectory was sometimes non-existent.
After some frustration with our installer, we've totally overhauled it.
- Feature Brand new, sparkly installer. It's much faster, has a new icon and a bunch of other changes. You'll only see it briefly, but trust us: it's much better.
- Improvement New icon for backup files.
BlackBerry Backup Extractor now has better contact, email and MMS extraction. We've added features that will make it easier to register and run BlackBerry Backup Extractor, fixed some problems with manifest files parsing, and improved extraction process for email, contacts and MMS.
- Feature Users can now drag and drop backup files to the app and open quickly
- Improvement Improved BlackBerry email and MMS file names on export
- Improvement Auto-retry for incorrect passwords on encrypted BlackBerry backups
- Improvement Application now gives clearer warnings about empty backups
- Improvement Added a "Copy" unique identifier button -- for faster registration
- Improvement Application now detects (but won't open) Blackberry 10 backups
- Fix Fixed an issue affecting item count for BlackBerry emails and contacts
- Fix Better extraction process for contacts written with Greek characters
- Improvement The password box (used with encrypted backups) it's now clearer.
- Improvement It's now possible to run several copies of BlackBerry Backup Extractor at the same time on the same machine.
- Fix We've fixed an edge-case where the app would crash when it couldn't open a backup.
- Fix We've simplified error messages when something goes wrong, and allowed the app to continue without having to close.
You've got a BlackBerry backup that misbehaves or doesn't restore, or need to extract important data from an old backup? We've made things easier with the latest version of BlackBerry Backup Extractor.
- Feature Never forget what your friends say: you can now extract BBM contacts along with BBM messages
- Improvement Shows output folder as a clickable link, making extraction easier than before
- Improvement Better support for corrupt backups
- Fix Fixed minor bugs related to registration and install
BlackBerry Backup Extractor can now preview the data in your BlackBerry backup, and has an improved extraction progress status. If you are using a Mac, we have also made installing and running the application easier than ever.
Users have been requesting the ability to preview a backup's contents. This proves useful if searching through many backup files. BlackBerry Backup Extractor now allows more freedom where data recovery is concerned, by giving the option to extract certain data categories or all data, much like we do with iPhone Backup Extractor.
- Feature Data categories for the Blackberry backup shown in the main window (contacts, calls, SMS messages, MMS, BBM messages, emails, calendar, tasks, memos, bookmarks, photos, videos, ringtones, app data and storage files)
- Feature Quick links are shown for extraction to individual databases: extract only your emails, contacts, photos or press "Extract all" to recover all your data at once
- Feature Extraction progress status message
- Feature BlackBerry Backup Extractor will detect if Mono is installed on your Mac and run with it automatically if it is found -- or help guide you through the process